Budget Summary report
The Budget Summary displays the budget you have prepared using Xero’s Budget Manager in report format.
Your user role will determine whether you can see this report, and if so, whether you can save and publish it or just view it.
Reports and budget role comparison
Help on this page:
Elsewhere in Help Center:
- Go to Reports > All Reports and select Budget Summary.
- Budget: Select a budget from the drop-down.
- From: Select the month you want to start from.
- Period: how many months at a time you want to display in each column. You can view each month individually or grouped in blocks of 2, 3, 6 or 12 months.
- Number of periods to show: Choose how many time blocks you want to show.
- Click Update to generate the report.
If you have not set up a budget for tracking categories, an 'Overall Budget' will be the only one available.
From here, you can export the report into any format as usual. You can also publish the report, if you have the Advisor user role.
The report will show any revenue or expense accounts that have amounts budgeted in the Budget Manager.
Click on an account name to view the Account Summary Report for that account.
Account Summary Report
Depending on the status of the report and your role you will be able to export, archive or edit it.
If you are viewing a report produced by someone with the Advisor user role, you may see notes or a summary on the report. You may be able to
export, archive or edit the report, depending on your user role.
User roles and their access to reports
To export the report:
Click Export, then select your preferred export option:
- PDF (printable format)
- Google Sheets
- Open, save or print the file as you need.