Add work locations and your tax filing address
Add your organization's primary work location and all addresses where employees work as well as your tax filing location. We'll calculate the correct taxes to report to the IRS.
The first location you add becomes your primary work location. You can add multiple addresses but you must choose one as your primary location.
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Payroll Settings.
- Click the Work Locations tab.
- Click Add Work Location.
- Enter the address, city, state, and zip.
- (Optional) If you’re in a state that tracks your employees' locations, enter an alphanumeric code in the Location code field.
For example, you could give Alabama locations the codes AL1, AL2 etc.
Locations show beside the hours on paystubs and printed checks after processing the pay run (they don’t show on the online paystubs). To update a code later, a Payroll Admin first needs to remove the work location from the employees.
If this is your organization's primary work location, select Yes.Xero uses your primary work location as your tax filing location by default but you can change this at any time.
- Click Add.