Release notes: updates to Xero on July 21, 2014
Here's a summary of what we've released:
- QuickBooks conversion for your clients’ organizations (US partners)
- Remittance advice standard branding themes available
- Bank reconciliation auto-suggest can now be turned on or off
- Online invoice link easier to insert
- Manual journals more easily reordered
- Internet Explorer 8 support discontinuing
- Invoice and bill imports improved
- Automatic numbering sequence improved
- Bank reconciliation incorrect matches handled better
Automatically convert your clients’ QuickBooks files when creating a new organization. We will set up your client’s organization in Xero and convert their existing data from the QuickBooks file you upload.
Convert a client's QuickBooks data to Xero
Add your logo, an alternative address and more when using standard branding themes for your remittance advice.
You can now limit your coding to be driven only by bank rules and manual entry. The option chosen applies to all users of an organization and can be applied to each bank account separately.
We don't want anyone to miss out on online invoices - so if you don't have an online link in your invoice email template you can now insert it with one simple click.
Find out more about the benefits of online invoices
We’ve added the ability to reorder manual journal lines simply by dragging and dropping them, just like with sales invoices. We've also made the account number visible in posted manual journals.
If you use Internet Explorer 8, you’ll notice a message in Xero the next time you log in, warning you we will no longer support this browser from September 1, 2014. We suggest upgrading your browser or moving to Google Chrome to ensure you have the best Xero experience.
Xero system requirements
We’ve made it easier for you to import your invoices and bills into Xero:
- You can now decide if you want to update contact addresses at the same time as importing your invoices and bills.
- You can now import invoices’ branding themes with our CSV template files.
- We've added asterisks to the mandatory fields in our CSV templates so it’s easy for you to tell which fields are mandatory and which are optional. (You can still import the old CSV file format without the asterisks.)
If an invoice number has already been used in your organization, we now automatically let you know the next available number.
When you’re reconciling your bank account, if there is more than one possible match and the one suggested by Xero is not correct, it will not be automatically selected when you look at all possible matches.