Close your PAYE scheme
Set your PAYE scheme cease date to notify HMRC that your organisation no longer employs people.
How it works
- Set a PAYE scheme cease date if you have ceased as an employer, are paying employees for the last time, and this is your final submission. The cease date can't be before the 6th of the current tax month.
- Close your PAYE scheme by making a final payment to all your employees (including holiday pay) and giving them a P45. A final EPS will automatically submit to HMRC to report the cease date after the final pay run.
- Once you add a cease date for a PAYE scheme in Xero, it's not possible to remove it or add a new PAYE scheme to the same organisation.
Set PAYE scheme cease date
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Payroll Settings.
- Set your organisation's scheme cease date.
- Click Save.
- Click Confirm.
Now end employment for all your employees to finalise.