User roles in Xero HQ
Find out about the user roles available for staff in Xero HQ.
User roles explained
An Administrator can:
- Set up and manage your clients
- Set up and manage practice staff
- Edit their own permissions
- Act as an Adviser in all clients' Xero organisations
- (Optional) Edit report templates for practice
A Standard user can only see the clients they have access to. Depending on their client-level permissions, they can either edit or only view their clients' details. You can also give Standard users permission to edit report templates at the practice level.
If you add someone in Xero Partner Edition with Consultant permissions, they appear in Xero HQ with the Standard (Consultant) role. They have the same permissions as a Standard user.
The Master administrator has the same permissions as an Administrator, but only the Master administrator can:
- Access your practice organisation by default
- Transfer the subscriber for an organisation in your practice
- Edit report templates by default
Change a user's role
Go to Staff and click the staff member's name.
In the staff member details panel on the right of the screen, click Edit next to Xero HQ role.
Select a new role for the staff member.
(Optional) Select or clear the check box for the extra permission to edit report templates.
Remove a user from the practice
- Go to Staff and click the staff member's name.
- In the staff member details panel on the right of the screen, click Edit next to Xero HQ role.
- Click Remove from practice, and then confirm your selection.