Fix an inactive account error in your pay run
If you see an error when posting a pay run saying an account type is no longer active, update the chart of accounts code for each pay item before processing the pay run again.
How it works
- While posting a pay run, you may receive an error message 'The account for the ___ type ___ is no longer active'.
- This error can affect earnings, deductions, and reimbursement pay items which may have been archived or overwritten by importing a new chart of accounts.
- Update the chart of accounts code for each pay item to fix the error, then process the pay run.
Fix an inactive account error for an earnings, deduction or reimbursement pay item
There are two ways to update the chart of accounts code to fix the error.
- In the Settings menu, select Payroll Settings.
- Click Pay Items tab.
- Click the pay item type that appears in the error message.
- Click the menu icon to the right of the pay item and select Edit.
- Select an active account in the Account field.
- Click Save.
Repeat for each pay item listed in the error message. Once you have updated these, process the pay run.
Alternatively, you can restore the affected account type in your chart of accounts:
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Reports, select Chart of Accounts.
- On the Archive tab, select the checkbox for the account type you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
Repeat for each pay item listed in the error message. Once you have restored them all, process the pay run.