Payment search fields explained
Learn more about the different types of searches you can do for invoices, bills, quotes, credit notes, or purchase orders. What you can search for will depend on whether you're searching in Sales or Purchases. You search on one or more fields depending on how specific you want your search to be.
Free text searches
Search for an invoice, bill, quote, credit note or purchase by number, order reference, contact name or ammount. Additionally for Sales items you can search by the mandatory invoice, quote or credit note number.
Search by number, reference or Contact name
- Enter a number, reference or Contact name or part of any of these into the search. Any invoices, bills, quotes, credit notes or purchase orders that contain anything you've entered will be displayed.
- If you have the appropriate payroll access, your search can cover payslips and other payments created through a pay run bill on the Awaiting Payment and Paid tabs. If you don't have permission to view payslips or pay run bills, your search won't include any pay run payments.
- Contact and invoice/quote/credit note number are mandatory fields, even on Draft invoices or bills so there will always be something that you can search for from these fields.
- If an invoice, bill, quote, credit note or purchase order belongs to a contact who has since had their Contact name changed or merged, the invoice, bill, quote, credit note or purchase order will be found and displayed showing the original name.
- Enter the amount without currency symbols or thousands separators. For example, 10123.00.
- To search for sales credit notes or purchases credit notes by amount, enter a minus sign before the amount.
Use date fields to find invoices, bills, quotes, credit notes or purchase orders by transaction date or due date using a specific date, or range of dates. You can use date fields on their own, or in conjunction with text in the Number/Reference/Name field. If you enter search details into both the free text and date fields, invoices, bills, quotes, credit notes or purchase orders that match both fields will display e.g. Contact name and Transaction Date will return items that match the name you entered AND the due date you entered. Use Start and End date together to search in a specific date range.
If you want to search using the date fields, specify which dates should be used in your search.
- Any date (default) – search for invoices, bills, quotes, credit notes and purchase orders by finding any items where any date on the item matches what you enter (i.e. Transaction date or Due date)
- Transaction date – search across invoice, bill, quote, credit note or purchase order date fields to match the date(s) entered into the Start or End Date search field.
- Due date – search across invoice or bill Due Date field to match the date(s) entered into the Start or End Date search field.
- Paid date – when searching on the Paid tab only, the date an invoice or bill was Paid or credit note applied.
Searching using Start Date, searches for invoices, bills, quotes, credit notes or purchase orders that have a date (transaction date, due date or any date) that is on or after the date entered into the Start Date field.
Searching using End Date, searches for invoices, bills, quotes, credit notes or purchase orders that have a date (invoice date, due date or any date) that is on or before the date entered into the End Date field.
Search or Clear
Click Search to search within your selected perimeters on the current tab. To clear the search fields and start again, click the 'Clear' link to the right of the Search button instead.