Your Xero home page: Managed Client
Learn about your Managed Client role if your accountant or bookkeeper has created your organisation in Xero and invited you in with this role.
When you log in to Xero, your Dashboard displays the bank account summaries for your organisation, and may also show:
- An Account Watchlist panel (if your accountant or bookkeeper has flagged anything to show here)
- A Latest Published Reports panel (if your accountant or bookkeeper has recently published any reports within your organisation)
You will also have access to Bank Accounts and Reports tabs, and the My Xero administration area.
Your accountant or bookkeeper will manage your organisation in Xero for you, including reconciling the bank account. They might ask you to clarify any items going through your bank accounts which they are unsure of.
View bank accounts and latest reports on Dashboard
If you see the Add comments button, your accountant or bookkeeper has left items unreconciled which need your attention. On the bank reconciliation screen you can review and respond to a comment left by your accountant or bookkeeper or add your own to clarify what the bank transaction was for.
If you can't get to the bank reconciliation screen, that means your account is reconciled.
You can view the latest balances of each bank account in Xero:
- The Statement balance in Xero is the opening bank balance plus the sum of all the bank statements imported into the bank account in Xero.
- The Balance in Xero is the opening bank balance plus the account transactions created in the bank account in Xero.
- The line graph shows a balance over seven days. Hover over the graph with your mouse to view the balance on a specific day (which might be different to the actual account balance in Xero if you have future-dated transactions entered).
In the Account Watchlist, you will see any accounts which your accountant or bookkeeper has flagged. It will show you the amount billed or credited to that account this month, and the YTD (year to date) figure for that account.
View, print and export reports
Go to the Reports tab to view and export published reports.
Click on the report name (eg Profit and Loss report) to view a read-only version of the report which your accountant or bookkeeper has published within your Xero organisation.
Within each report, you can use the Print button to print the report. Alternatively, click on the Export button to display the drop-down menu and select an export option:
- PDF document
- Google Sheets
You can also select these three export options directly from the Reports landing screen. Simply click on the PDF, Excel or Google Sheets icon to the left of the report you want to export.
My Xero and Help
The My Xero menu is available from every screen.
Choose another organisation you have access to in Xero (if any).
My Xero is where you can manage your organisations and the way Xero bills you (if applicable).
You can also get help from any screen in Xero by choosing 'Get help for this page' from the Help menu.