Add employee contacts (for Xero's Pay Run feature)
Add employee contact information such as personal, employment and bank account details for use in Xero's pay run.
How it works
- Xero lists your employee contacts separately to your supplier and customer contacts. This is because employee contact records contain confidential information that other users may not be entitled to see.
- Any exisiting supplier or customer contacts who are also employees will need to be added separately as employee contacts.
- You cannot merge, import or export employee contacts, and you can't add them as groups.
Add employees and their full details outside a pay run
- In the Contacts menu, select Payrun Employees.
- Click Add Employee.
- Enter the employee's personal details, following these guidelines:
- Enter a name that is unique to each employee. Xero requires a first or a last name, but not both. So you can search for your contacts in Xero, we recommend entering the employee's name in English, or using characters from the basic Roman alphabet.
- Enter an email address that can be used to receive payslips from Xero.
(Optional) Enter the employee's Financial Details.
- The Employee Tax Number and Ordinary Rate fields are not required.
- Xero uses the Payment Details when you pay your employees using a batch payment in Xero.
- Click Save.