Add employee contacts (for Xero's Pay Run feature)
Add employee contact information such as personal, employment and bank account details for use in Xero's pay run.
How it works
- Xero lists your employee contacts separately to your supplier and customer contacts. This is because employee contact records contain confidential information that other users may not be entitled to see.
- If some of your supplier or customer contacts are also employees who you want to pay using Xero's pay run, you need to add them separately as employee contacts.
- You cannot merge, import or export employee contacts, and you can't add them as groups.
Add employees and their full details outside a pay run
- In the Contacts menu, select Payrun Employees.
- Click Add Employee.
- Enter the employee's personal details, following these guidelines:
- Enter a name that is unique to each employee. Xero requires a first or a last name, but not both. So you can search for your contacts in Xero, we recommend entering the employee's name in English, or using characters from the basic Roman alphabet.
- If you enter a personal email address make sure it's accessed by that employee only, as this is the email address that Xero emails their payslip to.
(Optional) Enter Employee Details. Neither of the fields are required, but the ordinary rate is used in the pay run for certain pay items and pay types.
Enter the employee's bank account details. Xero uses these details when you pay your employees using a batch payment in Xero.
- Click Save.