Reconcile a Stripe statement line with partially matched transactions
If your Stripe statement line includes a refund, chargeback, or payment completed outside of Xero, or if you’ve chosen not to automate your Stripe fees, Xero will create a partial match and you’ll need to enter the transaction or fee or manually. We recommend reconciling Stripe statement lines in chronological order.
Reconcile a statement line that includes a refund or chargeback
You’ll need to manually enter Stripe refunds and chargebacks in Xero.
- Raise a credit note with the refund or chargeback amount.
- Pay the credit note.
- On the bank reconciliation screen, next to the statement line you want to reconcile, click Find & Match.
- Find and select the checkbox next to the paid credit note you want to match with the bank statement line.
- Click Reconcile.
Reconcile a statement line that includes a payment completed outside of Xero
You’ll need to manually enter any payments completed outside of Xero when reviewing your Stripe statement lines.
- On the bank reconciliation screen, next to the statement line you want to reconcile, click the Create tab.
- Create a receive money for each payment.
- Click Save Transaction.
Reconcile a statement line that includes a bank fee
If you haven’t chosen to automate your Stripe fees in Xero and imported a Stripe statement line that includes a fee, add a bank fee adjustment while you're reconciling. This lets you match the statement line with the transaction in Xero.
To set up Stripe fee automation:
- Go to Settings, then click General Settings.
- Under Connect, select Payment Services.
- Find the payment service you want to edit. Click Edit, then select Service details.
- Select the checkbox next to Automate my fees.
- Under Fees Account, select an account.
- Click Save.