Process an unscheduled pay run
Add an unscheduled pay run to post a payment outside the normal payroll cycle.
About adjusting a processed pay run
Some of the common reasons for creating an unscheduled pay run are to:
- Make adjustments to a previously posted pay run.
- Include missed items.
- Process one-off out of cycle transactions.
- Reverse wages in a negative pay run.
You can go back eight pay periods from the current date (today's date) when adjusting a processed pay run. You can't go back to a previous year if adjusting quarterly pay runs.
Post an unscheduled pay run
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Click Add Pay Run.
- In the Select a pay period list, select Unscheduled pay run.
- Select a pay calendar and a pay period.
- Click Next.
- Select the checkbox of each employee you want to include in the unscheduled pay run.
(Optional) To include all employees, click Included then select Include all.
- (Optional) To edit an employee’s payslip:
- Click the employee name.
- Edit the payslip.
- Click Save, then Close.
- Click Post Pay Run.
- Click Yes to confirm.