Adjust previous payroll payments
If you have Payroll Admin access, make an unscheduled pay run to correct your payroll payments. For example, you can enter missed pay items or correct a wages payment. You can go back eight pay periods from the current date (today's date). You can't go back to a previous year if adjusting quarterly pay runs.
How it works
Use an unscheduled pay run to:
- Process one-off out of cycle pay runs.
- Adjust an existing pay run (but not for your normal pay runs).
- Process a negative pay run (that includes the negative wages, taxes, and net pay) to reverse incorrect wages and taxes.
Create and post an unscheduled pay run
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Remove any existing draft pay runs in the period you want to use (you can only have one pay run for each pay period).
- Click Add Pay Run.
- From Select a pay period, select Unscheduled pay run.
Select a pay calendar and a pay period.If you're correcting a mistake from an earlier pay run, make sure you select the same pay calendar and period as the incorrect pay run.
- Click Next.
Select Included for each employee you want in the pay run, or click Included then select Include all.
- (Optional) Click the employee name, amend their payslip, then click Save. Repeat for each employee as needed.
- Click Post Pay Run.
- Click Yes to confirm.