Register for automated super payments
If your Xero plan includes automated super payments, register for auto super to send your employees' super contributions electronically from your registered account to their nominated super funds (regulated and self-managed).
How it works
- Your pricing plan needs to include auto super before you register. It's easy to change your plan if you're not.
- You need to add some employees to payroll in Xero before you can set up auto super.
- After the nominated authoriser approves super payments, our third party super clearing house takes the money from your bank account as a direct debit. Payments approved on, or before 4pm, each day will be sent to the various super funds within 2 business days. Each super fund will then allocate contributions to member accounts.
Register for auto super
- In the Payroll menu, select Superannuation.
- Click Get Started, or if you already have auto super, click Update Registration in the banner.
Check your ABN and Legal/Trading Name are correct. Then click Next.You can update these details in your organisation settings.
- Select an authoriser and enter their name, phone, and email.Then click Next.
- Select the bank account you will use to make direct debit payments for super for your employees. Then click Next.
- Review the terms and conditions:
- Financial Services Guide
- Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions
- Payclear Direct Deposit Agreement
- Select the confirmation checkbox to agree to them.
- Click Register. Congratulations, you’ve finished registering for auto super.
After you've registered for auto super
We’ll contact the nominated authoriser you included in the online application form when:
- We need more information
- If there's a problem with your application
- As soon as we've activated auto super for your organisation