About Superannuation in Xero
Set up your super funds in Xero to allocate, pay, reconcile and report on employee and employer super contributions.
How it works
- Set up the details for all the super funds in your payroll settings, select the choice of fund for each employee and allocate their super contributions through your regular pay runs.
- Register for Xero’s SuperStream-compliant auto super feature, if you have this in your Xero plan, to transfer employee contributions automatically.
- Include adjustments for super rates and thresholds such as super guarantee contributions, and add adjustments for contribution caps and employment termination payments as needed through your pay runs.
- Run reports on your total super payments and accruals.
- Super for employers (ATO website) provides detail and working examples about how super is calculated.