Submit payment summary report to the ATO
Lodge the payment summary report through Xero, or download and lodge the report through the ATO portal.
You can lodge a maximum of 99 employee payment summaries through Xero. If you have more download the EMPDUPE file and lodge the report through the ATO portal.
You can also create the annual PAYG payment summary report using Xero Tax or Practice Manager
Lodge the report to the ATO through Xero
- Go to Payroll, then click Employees.
- Click Payment Summaries.
- Click Confirm and Continue.
- Select all employees and click File Now.
- Select Yes if you are the agent lodging this information and add your details.
- Select the Authorisation To File declaration checkbox.
- Click File Now.
The annual report is filed at the ATO if all payment summaries are accepted. If it can't be filed, you'll need to fix the relevant payment summaries and submit the file again.
Once you've sent the annual report to the ATO, your end of year payroll process is complete.
The ATO must receive the payment summaries annual report by a certain date. You can find the payment summaries report submission deadline on their website.
Lodging your PAYG withholding annual reports online (ATO website)
Download and lodge the report to the ATO
- From the Payment Summaries screen, select all employees.
- From the File Now list, click Create EMPDUPE.
- Click Yes to include the agent details and enter the relevant information.
- Click Create EMPDUPE. The file is downloaded to your computer.
Upload and lodge the file through the ATO Online Portal.
Log in to the portals (ATO website)