Send a bill from Xero to Xero
If you've received a contact's Xero network key and added it to their contact details, you can send them a bill from Xero to Xero. This creates a draft sales invoice in their organization. You can send bills that are awaiting payment, and don't have any transactions recorded against them (for example, payments or tax adjustments). Otherwise, you can email the bill instead.
Sending a bill using Xero to Xero
- Add a new bill and approve it, or view a bill that is awaiting payment.
- Click Send, then click OK.
The bill displays the legal or trading name of your contact, not their display name.
Sending a bill in a foreign currency using Xero to Xero
If you have a pricing plan with multi-currency, you can send a bill in a foreign currency using Xero to Xero. The recipient receives it either in the same currency if they also use multi-currency, or in their base currency.
- If both organizations use multi-currency and the recipient has added the currency to their organization, the bill is received in that currency for the same amount. Once approved, the gain/loss information on the bill will be relevant to the exchange rate used by that organization.
- If both organizations use multi-currency but the receiving organization hasn't setup the bill currency, then that currency will automatically be added to their list of currencies.
- If you send a Xero to Xero bill to an organization without multi-currency, they will receive it in their base currency. The recipient will have to manually convert it to the amount of the foreign currency bill so that the correct payment is made.