Add a new user to your organization
As the Subscriber (the person who is responsible for this organization's subscription), you're the only person with access until you invite another user. You can invite new users at any time. You might prefer to set up your accountant or bookkeeper with the Advisor user role first, and add other users later.
About adding users
- Each of our pricing plans let you invite as many users as you want into your Xero organization.
- When you invite users to access your organization, you only add them to that organization.
- If you want one person to have access to all of your organizations, you'll need to invite them from within each organization.
- Invited users can't change the subscriber for an organization. Only the current subscriber can transfer the subscription to someone else.
Invite a new user
- In the invite users step of the Setup Guide, click Invite a User.
- Enter the new user's first name, last name and email address. The Xero invitation will be sent to this email address.
- Choose a role for the user and select any extra permissions (if required). This determines the level of access they have to your Xero organization.
- Click Continue.
- Enter an email message or use the default text, then click Send Invite.
The new user will need to accept the invite within 14 days.
We recommend you don't share login details
If you share login details, you won't be able to maintain a reliable audit trail of access and data changes. You'll also risk the login details falling into the wrong hands.
There is no extra charge for adding users to each organization, so make sure every user has their own separate and secure login.