Add or edit a bank account or credit card account
While you're setting up your organization in Xero, you can add, edit or delete bank accounts and credit card accounts.
Add a bank account or credit card account
- Click Add Bank Account.
- Select the account type: Bank Account or Credit Card.
Start typing your bank's name, then select the correct name and region from the drop-down list. If your bank name is not recognized, you can still add the bank account in Xero.
After entering your bank name, you'll get one of these messages:
- Bank feeds are available: You can receive Yodlee feeds or direct feeds from this bank.
- Feeds aren't available yet: If you set this bank name for your bank account, we will notify you when your feeds become available.
- Not a recognized bank: Bank feeds are not available for your bank, but you can still use this bank account in Xero and manually import statements from your bank.
Enter the name you want to use to identify this account in Xero.Each bank account name must be unique. If you have different accounts with the same name, add a number or letter to the name to make it unique.
(Optional) Add a code for this account.
- (Optional) If you're adding a foreign currency bank account and you've already added a new currency during setup, select the currency for this account. You can't change the currency of a bank account once it is set up.
If you're entering a bank account, enter your account number in the format provided by your bank. If you're entering a credit card account, enter the last 4 digits.
- Click Save.
Depending on your bank, you can:
Edit an account
You can edit a bank account from the chart of accounts screen by clicking on the account name.
Delete an account
If you make a mistake adding bank accounts during set up, you can delete them from the chart of accounts screen.
- Select the checkbox next to the bank account you want to delete.
- Click Delete.