Permissions in Xero HQ
Learn about the permissions available for staff in Xero HQ.
Your permissions depend on your user role, and the type of client.
Xero HQ permission
You can give Standard and Standard (Consultant) users permission to only view or to edit a client's details. Administrator and Master administrator users can edit the details for all clients by default.
Xero organization access
If the client is connected to Xero, you can set the Xero organization access for the staff member. Your choice determines the staff member's user role in the client's Xero organization. The list of choices depends on the client's Xero plan.
Extra permissions within clients' Xero organizations
If the client is connected to Xero and you've given the staff member any organization access other than Read only, you can set extra permissions. The available options depend on the client's Xero plan.
- Manage users - Lets the staff member add a new user, change their role and permissions, or delete them from the client's Xero organization.
- Payroll access - Gives the staff member access to payroll in the client's Xero organization.
- Provide support - Allows the client to ask your staff member questions from within Xero.
- Go to Staff and click the staff member's name.
- Click the menu icon for the client you want to change the permissions for and select Edit permissions.
- Select the permissions for the staff member and click Save.