About the Explorer tab
The Explorer tab provides you with insights into the apps your Xero clients use, the industries your clients work in, and the relationship between the two.
Use the information about your clients' apps and industries to:
- Promote yourself in the Xero Advisor Directory as an expert in a particular industry or app
- Advise your clients on apps that are commonly used in their industry
- Focus training for your staff
- Find targeted marketing opportunities, networking events, and relationships
The Apps view
Click Apps to see a graph of the apps used by your clients. You will also see a summary of how many of your clients are using apps, how many different apps they're using, and how many aren't using any apps.
Click an app in the graph to see which of your clients using it. You can also click the name of an app under Apps in the list of clients.
Click [number] have no apps connected to show the clients that are not using any apps.
The Industry view
Click Industry to see a graph of the industries your clients are in. You will also see a summary of how many of your clients are in an industry, how many different industries they're in, and how many don't have any industry specified.
Click an industry in the graph to see which of your clients are in it. You can also click the name of an industry under Industry in the list of clients.
Click [number] have no industry code to show the clients with no industry specified.
Add or change a client's industry
Xero uses information about your clients' industries on your Advisor Directory listing, so getting it right is important.
- Find the client in the list and click:
Add an industry to add an industry to a client that doesn't have one
The overflow menu icon and select Edit Industry to select a new industry for the client
- Under What does this organization do?, choose the industry, category and, optionally, the subcategory from the dropdown list.
- Click Save.
Download a list of the categories and subcategories (Excel, 7KB).