Use groups to reduce the number of clients shown in the client list and make it easier to find a client. Xero HQ comes with a set of built-in groups, or you can create your own to match the way you do business.
Groups provided by Xero HQ
Xero HQ has several built-in groups that you can use to sort the client list based on information about your clients.
- All Clients - Displays a list of all of your active clients.
- Xero Subscription - Select this group and then select one of the sub-groups beneath it to see a list of your Xero organizations with that subscription type.
- Business Structure - Select this group and then select one of the sub-groups beneath it to see a list of your clients with that business structure.
- Invited - Only shows when you have been invited into a Xero organization. Select the group to see a list of those organizations.
- Archived - Only shows when you have archived a client. Select the group to see a list of those clients.
You can create custom groups and organize your clients to suit your needs. Create as many groups as you want, and add clients to them as needed. You can add a client to multiple groups and remove them from a group at any time.
Create a new custom group
- Go to Clients and click New group.
- Enter the Group name.
- Click Create.
Remove a custom group
- Go to Clients and click Manage groups.
- Click Remove next to the group you want to remove.
- Click Save.
Removing the group does not affect any clients in the group.
Add clients to a custom group
- Go to Clients and select one or more clients from the list.
- Add to group, then select one or more groups to add the clients to
- If the group doesn't exist, click New group to create a new group and add the clients to it
Remove clients from a custom group
- Go to Clients and select a custom group.
- Select the clients you want to remove from the group and click Remove from group.