Set and work with lock dates
If you have the Advisor user role, you can set a lock date to stop changes being made to transactions during a past period. After you set a lock date, users can't add or edit transactions in Xero if the transaction date is earlier than the lock date. You'd typically set a lock date when your financial records are being prepared for the year, or at the end of a sales tax period. You can change and remove the lock date at any time.
Set lock date
- Go to Settings, then General Settings.
- Under Organization click Financial Settings.
Under Lock Dates, enter the date you want to lock your organization's accounts.You have a choice to set lock dates for all user roles, or all user roles except the Advisor user role.
- Click Save.
Transactions users can continue to create during a locked period
When you've set a lock date, users can still do the following:
- Create draft invoices, bills and expense claims.
- Submit invoices, bills and expense claims for approval.
- Save draft manual journals.