Inventory Items Summary report (older version)
Access the older version of the Inventory Items Summary report. The Inventory Items Summary report lists untracked inventory items you've used in transactions. You can track the sales, purchases, and prices of each item.
Invoices, bills and credit notes which have the status of draft or awaiting approval, as well as inventory items you've used in purchase orders, aren't included in this report.
To access the older version of the Inventory Items Summary report:
- On the Reports menu, click All Reports.
- Under Inventory, click Inventory Items Summary.
Your user role will determine if you can see this report, and whether you can save and publish it or just view it.
Reports and budget role comparison
Use the Inventory Items Summary screen to:
- choose the data to show in the report then generate it
- view inventory items bought and sold
- select individual items to drill down into the Inventory Item Transactions report
- export your report.
You can also:
You can also use the Sales by Item report to show just invoice sales of untracked inventory items.
Sales by Item report
Or use the Inventory Item Details report to view transactions for both tracked and untracked inventory items.
Inventory Item Details report
Xero generates the report using the current month by default. You can change the report options then generate the report again. Use the:
- From field to choose the date you want the report to start from
- To field to choose the end date for the report.
Then use the Update button to generate your report. Use the Update button each time you change the date or other report options.
If you're using multi-currency in Xero the report will display an additional option to change the report to display inventory transactions in a different currency. The report defaults to your base currency and you just need to uncheck this.
Find out more about multi-currency reports in Xero.
If you are viewing a report produced by someone with the Advisor user role, you may see notes or a summary on the report. You may be able to
export, archive or edit the report, depending on your user role.
Reports and budget role comparison
Your generated report will list every untracked inventory item used on spend and receive money transactions, approved sales invoices, bills and credit notes during the period of the report. If items don't display it means you didn't use them on any of these transactions, or Xero hasn't counted them as bought or sold (for example, they're unapproved invoices, or bills with a status of draft or awaiting approval).
Your generated report will show your report transaction information in columns. The:
- Purchases Price displays the purchase price saved against the inventory item
- Qty columns display how much of the inventory item you bought and sold during the period
- Total columns show - in most cases - Purchases Price x Qty or Sales Price x Qty. The exceptions are if you:
- changed the unit price of the inventory item when you entered your transaction, the column will include this unit price
- entered a credit note for an inventory item, the column will add or deduct the credit note accordingly
- reduced the unit price by entering a discount in the Disc % column for a sales invoice, the column will include the reduced unit price
- Avg columns show the average actual price of the inventory item you have bought and sold. Again, if you changed the unit price of the inventory item when you entered your transaction, the Avg includes this unit price
- Sales Price displays the sales price saved against the inventory item
- Net Qty column subtracts the items you've sold from those you've purchased.
How Xero displays prices and totals on the report
Xero displays prices and totals according to the prices you entered into the inventory item regardless of the tax that was applied on the sale or purchase transaction.
If you've used different prices on your transaction to those on the inventory item, the transaction prices will be used in the calculation of the total and average price. An example of this is when you've applied a discount percentage to the sales line item.
If any inventory items have a 0.00 price, this will display as the current unit price along with the actual price you charged for the item on your sale transaction, if not 0.00.
Click on an individual item to go to the Inventory Item Transactions report. This report contains the transactions that make up the item figures on the Inventory Items Summary.
From there you can drill down into each individual invoice, bill, spend money transaction, receive money transaction or credit note that contains the untracked inventory item.
To export the report:
Click Export, then select your preferred export option:
- PDF (printable format)
- Google Sheets
- Open, save or print the file as you need.