Accounts Receivable Invoices report (older version)
Access the Accounts Receivable Invoices report, the older version of the Aged Receivables Details report. You'll need to use this older version of the report if you'd like to see foreign currency conversion details.
Use the Accounts Receivable Invoices report to see unpaid sales invoices within a certain time frame, or issued to a certain contact.
Only users with a Standard or Advisor user role can run this report. Users in some other roles can view it in published form.
Reports and budget role comparison
What can you see and do with the Accounts Receivable Invoices report?
Elsewhere in Help Center:
Access an Accounts Receivable Invoices report from:
The date you want the report to start from.
The date you want to run the report until.
- Date to show invoices and credit notes raised in the selected month
- Due date to show unpaid invoices in the month they were due (note this won't include credit notes as they don't have due dates).
Show payments as at a certain date (defaults to the current date).
Click Update to show the new report each time you change filters.
If you are viewing a report produced by someone with the Advisor user role, you may see notes or a summary on the report. You may be able to
export, archive or edit the report, depending on your user role.
Reports and budget role comparison
The report shows each invoice, credit note, overpayment or prepayment within the relevant period. It will show how long any invoices have been overdue (if any) along with the totals on each, less any credits and payments, and the amount currently owing to you.
The report displayed will be different depending on how you got there:
- If you drilled into the invoices report by clicking on an invoice amount outstanding for a month on the Aged Receivables report, the report will display all unpaid invoices, credit notes, prepayments or overpayments for that contact for that month.
- If you clicked on the contact name on the Aged Receivables report, the report will display all invoices, credit notes, prepayments or overpayments for that contact for all time.
- If you have come from the contact entry, the report will display all invoices, credit notes, prepayments or overpayments for that contact.
You can narrow down the report to a particular time frame using the From and To date fields at the top of the report.
If you are using multi-currency, the report footnotes show the figures that were converted into your base currency and at what rate the conversion rate occurred. They also show where the rate was taken from (whether it was an XE rate or a rate entered by a user). Find out more on how multi-currency reports in Xero work.
Only approved invoices, bills and credit notes are recorded in your chart of accounts, and this is where the report draws its data from (items that have been approved and are awaiting payment).
Click on one of the links in the Invoices report (for example, due date) to view the original invoice. (Note: there will be more or less links available to you depending on your role.)
Prepayments and credit notes look like invoices in the report, with invoice number (prepayment) and credit note number (credit notes) showing in the Number column, but they will not have due dates like invoices. Overpayments will show any details from the Reference field in the Number column.
Back to Aged Receivables
If the 'Back to Aged Receivables' link displays, it will take you back to the previously generated Aged Receivables report.
To export the report:
Click Export, then select your preferred export option:
- PDF (printable format)
- Google Sheets
- Open, save or print the file as you need.