Report templates: change settings unique to the Statement of Cash Flows
Find out how to change settings unique to the Statement of Cash Flows report within a report template in My Xero (Partner Edition) or at the client level.
Xero provides two versions of the Statement of Cash Flows report. The Statement of Cash Flows - Direct Method can be used in your report templates or run as a standalone version from the Reports menu. The Statement of Cash Flows - Indirect Method is available to use in your report templates only.
Before you start
Map report codes to your client's chart of accounts so the accounts appear in the correct group in the Statement of Cash Flows. If you’re using the direct method, map any account you want to appear in the Cash Balances section of the report to the Cash and cash equivalents report code (ASS.CUR.CAS).
Merge debits and credits
- Click Edit Layout.
- Select the split (Dr or Cr ) report codes you want to merge. To select an entire group, select the checkbox next to the group name.
- Click Merge Debits / Credits.
Split debits and credits
- Click Edit Layout.
- Select the merged accounts you want to split. To select an entire group, select the checkbox next to the group name.
- Click Split Debits / Credits.
Features available in the indirect method version only
Add or remove report codes or accounts
When using the Statement of Cash Flows - Indirect Method, you can edit your report template to add or remove report codes. When you run the report template in your client's organization, you can add or remove accounts from the report.
You can use the same report code or account multiple times by adding it to different groups of the report.
Set accounting basis of individual groups
You can change whether a single account group in your report uses cash or accrual basis. This will apply to all report codes or accounts included in the group.
Features available in the direct method version only
Display tax on operating activities as net or gross
Accounts mapped to a revenue or expense report code will display as tax inclusive by default. To change how tax will display for accounts mapped to a revenue or expense report code:
Click Report Settings.
- Select either Gross Tax on Operating Activities or Net Tax on Operating Activities.
- Click Update.
This is a cash basis report. If any figures are not appearing as you'd expect, it's worth checking journals. To edit an accrual-basis journal so it appears on this report, select the Show journals on cash basis reports checkbox.
Access the Account Movements report for an account
Click on a figure to access the Account Movements report for that account. The Account Movements report is only accessible through the Statement of Cash Flows report.
Customize the report using the layout editor
Click Edit Layout to open the layout editor and:
- Add your own columns for tracking, notes or other custom options.
- Rearrange accounts and groups.
- Move accounts between groups.
- Change the accounting basis of groups (indirect method only).
- Edit formulas.
- Move columns around by clicking and dragging.