Add a practice report field for use in report templates
Create reusable snippets of information about your practice to speed up report template creation.
- In the header, click the list icon .
- If you have opted into Xero HQ, select Xero HQ. Otherwise select My Xero.
- Go to Reports.
- Click Report Fields.
- Select the Practice Fields tab.
- Click New Practice Field.
Name the report field, then add the content and format as required.To insert a table, click the Table icon and select the dimensions you need. For formatting options, click inside the table. The Table Options menu will display.
- Click Save.
Add the report field to your template
- Open the report template from the Reports tab.
- Select the report you want to insert the field into from the Contents drop down.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Add a text block or click into an existing one.
- Add the report field to the text block from the Insert Field drop down.
- Click Done once you've finished editing the layout.
- Click Save Draft or Ready to Use to confirm your changes.