Add a client report field for use in report templates
Create placeholders for information that varies from client to client, such as names of company directors.
- In the header, click the list icon .
- If you have opted into Xero HQ, select Xero HQ. Otherwise select My Xero.
- Go to Reports.
- Click Report Fields.
- On the Client Fields tab, click New Client Field.
Name the report field, then in Description, add the optional prompt for your practice staff.
- Click Save. To add another report field, click the arrow next to Save and select Save & add another.
Add the report field to your template
- Open the report template from the Reports tab.
- Select the report you want to insert the field into from the Contents drop down.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Add a text block or click into an existing one.
- Add the report field to the text block from the Insert Field drop down.
- Click Done once you've finished editing the layout.
- Click Save Draft or Ready to Use to confirm your changes.
To populate the Client Field, log into your client's organization and customize the report field.