Add a note to a new financial report
Connect an amount to a note in a numbered text block on the new Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Owners' Equity, or Statement of Cash Flows reports.
If you are using Partner Edition and have the Advisor user role, you can use the same method to link to report schedules within a report template.
Enter the note in a numbered text block
- On the report you want to add the text block to, click Edit Layout.
- Click the text block icon .
- In the text block below the report, enter your heading, keeping it numbered. The heading number will provide the number you use for the link from your report.
- Enter your note.
Add a notes column linking to the text block
- In the report layout editor, click the columns icon , then select Notes.
- In the Notes column, click the row you want to add a note to.
- If you're working in a report template, select the report to link to (under Link To).
- From Select Link Target, select the numbered text block or schedule to link to. If you're working in a report template, this could be on another report.
- (Optional) Rename the column by double-clicking the column header and entering a new title.
- Click Done to save the text block (note) and notes column.
- Save, export or publish the report as usual.