Inventory Item Details report (New)
Use the Inventory Item Details report to help manage your active inventory in Xero. Keep track of quantities on hand and changes to the value of your tracked inventory.
- Access and run the Inventory Item Details report
- Refine your report's settings
- Sort and reorder report columns
Your user role will determine if you can see this report, and whether you can save and publish it or just view it.
Reports and budget role comparison
- Go to Reports, then click All Reports.
- Under Inventory, click ... to expand the section if the report is hidden.
- Click Inventory Item Details (New).
- Select a date range, then click Update to view your report.
Click Report Settings to refine your report.
Show or hide decimals
Numbers will show to 2 decimal places by default.
To show only round numbers, click to clear the Show decimals checkbox.
Group data and select columns to display on the report
Select an option from Group By to group and subtotal information on the report. Select None for no groups.
Select checkboxes for columns you wish to show on the report. Clear a checkbox to hide a column.
When grouping your report by Item Name, select the checkbox to Show Opening and Closing Balances for tracked inventory in your report.
Display column options explained
- Profit per Item
- QoH Movement
- Unit Cost
- Value Movement
Calculates the difference between the cost price and sale price as a percentage.
The difference between the cost price and sale price.
The quantity of the inventory item that was sold, purchased or adjusted.
Transaction type: Payable Invoice, Receivable Invoice, Spend Money, Receive Money or Inventory Adjustment.
The cost to purchase each inventory item. Also called the Cost Price and Unit Price.
The change in value of your inventory item.
Click Add a filter and select a column to filter by, then enter or select details.
As you add more filters, the report displays results based on all your filters combined.
When you update the report, the filters show at the top in a text block you can edit or delete.
Click Update to run and view
After you've made your choices, click Update to close Report Settings and view your report.
Once you've run your report and refined your results, you can:
- Sort the report in ascending or descending order of the data in any column by clicking on the column heading.
- Reorder the columns by dragging and dropping them into a different order.