Get started with recoding
Get started with Find & Recode. Only users who have the Advisor role can recode.
Recoding can result in significant changes to accounts and reports. We recommend you only use Find & Recode if you are an accountant or bookkeeper, or have experience with recoding.
What can you recode?
Recode contacts, accounts, tax rates, and tracking on transaction lines.
You can recode transaction lines across multiple transactions at once.
You can recode transaction lines on the source transaction or by using a manual journal.
When you use the recoding tool, you make changes to individual transaction lines, not the entire transaction.
Common recoding scenarios include, but aren't limited to:
- Changing the tax rate
- Cleaning up contacts when there are variations of a contact name
- Combining accounts
- Adding or changing tracking
- Spend money (reconciled, unreconciled, and marked as reconciled)
- Receive money (reconciled, unreconciled, and marked as reconciled)
- Prepayments (unpaid, paid, reconciled, and unreconciled)
- Expense claims (awaiting payment, paid, and archived)
- Sales invoices, repeating invoices, and credit notes (all statuses)
- Bills, repeating bills, bill credit notes (all statuses)
You can’t search for or recode the following transactions:
- Fixed assets
- Manual journals
- Purchase orders
- Bank transfers
- Payroll transactions (including wages, payable bills, payslips, and PDs)
- Voided transactions
- Any line from a bill, payable credit note or spend money that uses a tracked inventory account
You might also be interested in
- Finding a group of transaction lines
- Viewing and select transaction lines to recode
- Recoding a group of transaction lines
- Find & Recode (Xero U)