Sign up and connect your organization to Power BI
If you have the Advisor user role or Standard user role, sign up for a Power BI account, then connect your Xero organization.
Sign up to Power BI
Sign up to Power BI using your business email address. You can't use a personal email address, such as Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook.
Connect an organization
- Sign in to Power BI
- In the Contact Pack Library under Services, click Get.
- Find Xero, then click Connect.
- Enter the name of the Xero organization you're connecting, then click Next.
- In the Authentication method list select oAuth2, then click Sign in.
- Log in to Xero if you haven't already.
- Choose the organization to connect, then click Authorize.
After a few minutes, Power BI imports your Xero data and you can view the default dashboard tiles.
After you've finished
Rename your Power BI dashboard, reports and datasets to something other than Xero if you're connecting more than one Xero organization.
Rename a Power BI dashboard (Power BI)
To connect another Xero organization, go to the Power BI dashboard, and click Get Data.