Create a timesheet for an employee
If an employee hasn’t submitted their timesheet for the pay period, create a brand new one, or use an existing timesheet template, and approve it before processing a pay run.
- From Payroll, select Timesheets.
- In the Employee field, select the employee you want to create a timesheet for.
In the Period field, select the time period the employee worked.If the pay period you want isn't available, a draft timesheet may already exist. The employee will have to submit or delete it before you can continue.
- (Optional) In the Load Timesheet Template field, select a template.
- Click Add.
- Select the Earnings Type.
- Enter the number of hours the employee worked for each day they worked. Xero automatically updates the total as you enter the hours.
- (Optional) Click Add another line to enter more earnings types and hours.
- Click Save Draft to review the timesheet later, or Approve it now.
- Click Close.