Register for electronic payments and filings
Register for electronic services in Xero (e-file and e-pay) so you can pay state or federal payroll taxes and file forms electronically.
How it works
We gather information you've already added in Xero. Here's a list of the information we need for the registration forms:
- Check if electronic filing and payments is available for you
- Bank account
- Organization address and contact information
- Federal EIN account number
- Tax agency account number
Register for electronic filing and payments
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Payroll Settings.
- Click the Electronic Services tab, then click Taxes and Filings.
Under Electronic Tax Agency Enrollment, select the agency checkbox.
- In the Bank Information section, enter your bank account information.
- Under Company Information in the Contact Details section, enter the details of the person authorized to deal with your organization's tax information, filings, and payments.
- Read the Terms of Service and click Enroll Now.
- If you're registering for federal taxes and filings:
Click Download Files to download the registration forms.Some states don't need IRS approval and are active immediately.
- Print, check and get the contact person to sign the form.
- Scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll send your registration form to the IRS for approval.