Refile payroll tax forms for a tax credit

If payments you make during a scheduled or unscheduled pay run result in a tax overpayment or tax credit, and you've already filed your state or federal tax forms, you'll need to send an amended return to the IRS.

  1. Re-print the form you originally filed with the IRS. This is your records but you may be asked to refer to it.
  2. Revert the filing in Xero to correct the error.
  3. Print the amended form and refile with the IRS or state tax agency.