Prepare payroll data after converting from QuickBooks
After converting from QuickBooks, you’ll need to print payroll details from QuickBooks paid in the current quarter, then remove and re-enter the related converted data in Xero. This ensures your payroll data is accurate.
Before you start
- In QuickBooks, print the details of each employee's pay check paid in the current quarter. You'll enter these details in Xero later.
Remove converted payroll transactions for the current quarter
- Go to Settings, then click General Settings.
- Under Reports, click Chart of Accounts.
- Click the Assets tab.
Find the YTD column of the Bank Clearing Account and click the YTD amount.The Bank Clearing Account is created during conversion for any transactions Xero can't duplicate.
Find the converted payroll transactions paid in the current quarter. Look for credit transactions for employees and corresponding debit transactions for No Contact.Make sure you only look for transactions that have a pay date in the current quarter. There may be others that relate to payroll but were paid in a previous quarter, or that don't relate to payroll.
- Click the first manual journal credit transaction paid in the current quarter.
From the Journal Options list, select Void to remove it from the Bank Clearing Account.
Open up the corresponding spend money debit transaction paid in the current quarter.
- From the Options list, select Remove & Redo, and then click Yes to remove it from the Bank Clearing Account.
- Remove the remaining converted credit transactions and corresponding payroll debit transactions paid in the current quarter.
Once you've finished removing the transactions, you can set up payroll in Xero and add your employees' pay history for the current quarter.
Add your employees' pay history
- Set up payroll for your organization and add employees.
- Add your employees' pay history for the current quarter, using the pay check information you printed from QuickBooks.