Choose how to pay an employee
Choose how you pay each employee by selecting their payment method. If you pay electronically, you'll need to register for direct deposit before running payroll.
If you're paying electronically, you'll need to register for direct deposit before running payroll. This can take up to five days, so make sure you register
before you run payroll.
Select a payment method for an employee
- Go to Payroll, then click Employees.
- Select the employee's name.
- Click the Payment Method tab.
- Select a payment method.
If you select direct deposit, enter an employee’s bank account details.
- Use Check if you pay by check printed with Xero.
- Use Manual if you pay in cash, or checks written outside of Xero.
- Use Direct Deposit if you pay electronically.
You can add up to four US bank accounts by clicking Add Another Bank AccountClick Save.
If an employee has historical pay and tax payment information because you're switching from another payroll system, you'll need to add their year-to-date pay history before you run payroll.
You might also be interested in