Change the direct deposit bank account
To change your direct deposit bank account, send a Bank Account Change form and a copy of a voided check to Xero so we can verify the new account. Xero Support will confirm they have the correct form.
How it works
- The account change is processed when no direct deposit payments are awaiting payment or processing in a pay run.
- Direct deposit is unavailable until the bank change is approved.
- It typically takes up to two weeks to complete.
- Xero Support notifies the person who submitted the form when the process is complete.
Change the bank account for direct deposit
- To make sure your registration is active, check that your accounts match:
- Electronic services (direct deposit)
- Payroll settings
Chart of accountsIf the accounts don't match, you won't be able to pay employees electronically.
- Complete the Bank Account Change form (PDF 25KB) and scan it.
- Send the scanned file and a copy of a voided check to Xero Support. Include the name of your Xero organization.
While the form is being reviewed, the direct deposit for payroll status is Pending Bank Verification. If your organization doesn't submit a form before changing accounts, the status will be On Hold.