Track payroll expenses by department, location, or other category
Track your payroll expenses using employee groups to report your expenses for different areas of your business. For example, office location, department name or cost center.
How it works
- Payroll tracking categories are the same ones set up in your general settings. You can use them to track payroll expenses by the different groups within your organization.
- Let's say you track areas of your business by division, and one of your divisions is marketing. Just assign the marketing tracking option to those employees so their expenses categorize to marketing each time you run payroll.
Before you start
Assign a tracking option to an employee
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee's name to show their details.
- Click the Employment tab.
- Under Employment from Employee Group, select a tracking option.
- Click Save.