Set up a pay check template
Choose the details to show on checks you print with Xero, so your checks are ready to give to employees.
- Click the Paystubs tab.
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Payroll Settings.
Under Customize Check Template, click Preprinted stock or Blank depending on the check stock you're using.Preprinted stock prints the check on the top and the employee's paystub on the bottom.
- If you're using blank stock, select the Routing and account number checkbox so your checks print.
Select the checkboxes to show the information on employee checks.
- Drag and resize the information boxes in the template until you have the design you want.
Click Save.If you need, you can click Reset to Default to revert your changes and start again.
- Click Show Preview to view the layout as a PDF file and print a test check.