Update a pay run with earnings and benefits for multiple employees using a spreadsheet
Create a spreadsheet with your earnings and benefits information for multiple employees. Then upload the spreadsheet into Xero to update a draft pay run.
Before you start
If you track your employees' locations, enter location codes.
Update pay run information for multiple employees
From a draft pay run, click Options and select Batch Edit.
- Click Download File, then select the spreadsheet format (CSV or XLSX). Xero gathers the earnings and benefits information from the current pay run.
- Open or save the spreadsheet.
(Optional) Update the information as you need.
Earnings can be shown in either units (eg hours) or amounts. In this example, the employee worked 40 regular hours, 5 overtime hours, and will be reimbursed $100.00 for mileage for the pay period.
(Optional) If you track your employees' locations, enter the work location codes on separate rows in the Work Locations column.
In this example, the employee worked at two Alabama locations with the codes AL1 and AL2.
- Save the spreadsheet, then either:
- Click Upload File to upload the spreadsheet into Xero
- Drag the file into the Batch Edit Payslips window
Xero updates the pay run for all employees that are on the spreadsheet.
- Click Confirm.
- Continue processing the pay run.