Make an unscheduled pay run
Process a pay run outside your normal pay calendar to make additional payments such as bonuses and opening balance adjustments, or to correct errors such as underpayments and overpayments in wages and taxes that you have already reversed through the reverse pay run process.
How it works
- You can make an unscheduled pay run for specific employees or payments.
- You can use an unscheduled pay run to correct errors made in earlier pay runs 90 days from the current date (today's date).
- If you skip a pay period to process a pay run for a future date, you can make an unscheduled pay run to cover the dates you missed earlier.
- If you're correcting a mistake from an earlier pay run, make sure you select the same Pay Calendar and Pay Period as the incorrect pay run.
- Credit notes are created for any reversed taxes and automatically applied to tax bills of the same tax period with outstanding balances. Reversed taxes also reduce the payment amount due shown in Taxes & Filings.
Process an unscheduled pay run
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Remove any existing draft pay runs in the period you want to use.
Select Unscheduled Pay Run, then click Process Pay Run.
- Select a Pay Calendar and Pay Period.
- Click Create.
- Select the checkboxes for employees you want to include in the pay run.
- Review their payments and update as needed.
- Click Save & Close.
- (Optional) Click Add Memo and add a message to the paystubs.
- Click Pay Employees.
- Click Complete Pay Run.
You can now send paystubs to your employees.