Adjust previous payroll payments
If you have Payroll Admin access, make an unscheduled pay run to correct errors such as underpayments and overpayments in wages and taxes you've already reversed, or to make additional payments. For example, you can correct errors on bonuses and opening balance adjustments.
How it works
Use an unscheduled pay run to:
- Adjust an existing pay run for specific employees or payments (not for your normal pay runs)
- Correct errors made in earlier pay runs 90 days from the current date (today's date)
- Cover the dates you missed earlier (if you skip a pay period to process a pay run for a future date)
Create and process an unscheduled pay run
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Remove any existing draft pay runs in the period you want to use (you can only have one pay run for each pay period).
Under New Pay Run, select Unscheduled Pay Run.
- Click Process Pay Run.
Select a pay calendar and a pay period.If you're correcting a mistake from an earlier pay run, make sure you select the same pay calendar and period as the incorrect pay run.
- Click Create.
- Select the employee checkboxes to include them in the pay run.
- (Optional) Click the employee name, amend their paystub, then click Save & Close. Repeat for each employee as needed.
- (Optional) Click the Memo button to add a personal message to the employee’s paystub.
- Click Pay Employees.
- Click Complete Pay Run.
You can now send paystubs to your employees.