Approve or submit employee time off requests
Before you run a pay run, approve all time off requests included in the pay period. That way, employees are paid correctly and their time off balances are accounted for.
How it works
- Your employee's time off balance excludes the current request.
- Time off totals or balances update each time you complete a pay run.
- Your employees will see their time off balances in their pay stubs. These totals are based on processed pay runs that include time off.
Approve an employee time off request
To approve an individual time off request:
- Go to Payroll, then click Overview.
All the employee's requests are listed.
- Under Time Off to Approve, click the request you want to approve.
- Edit any details and click Approve.
To approve multiple time off requests:
- Go to Payroll, then click Time off.
- Under Time Off to Approve, click the checkboxes of all requests you want to approve.
Review a time off request by clicking the employee's name.
- Click Approve.
Submit an employee time off request
- Go to Payroll, then click My Payroll.
- Click the New Time Off Request.
- Select the employee and enter all the details.
- Click Approve. The time off is processed in the next pay run.