Add pay items to an employee's pay template
Add pay items to an employee's pay template so they appear in their payslip for each pay run. To save time, your employees' benefits, deductions and tax are included in each pay run.
There are some exceptions to pay templates:
- Salary and wages automatically display in the pay template. You'll need to Change an employee's salary and wages details to update this information.
- Approved timesheet hours override any salary and wages information for that pay period.
- In the Payroll menu, click Employees.
- Click the employee's name.
- Click Pay Template.
Click the Add New [Pay Item] for each type of benefit, deduction, and tax you want to add. For example, to add a new benefit, click Add New Benefit.
- Select the required details.
- Click Save.
These items will appear in the next pay run.