Change an employee's salary and wage details
Update salary and wage details for an employee and apply the changes during a pay run.
Update your employee's salary and wage details
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee's name to open their details.
- Click the Employment tab.
Click Set New Salary & Wages.
- Enter the employee's new salary and wage details.
- Under Effective Date, select when you want the changes to start.
- Click Add and then click Save.
Your changes will take effect when you create a pay run on, or after, the effective date. After this, the old details are removed.
Make your changes take effect during a pay run
After updating your employee's salary and wage details, apply the changes to a pay run:
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Click the draft pay run to open it. If you haven't already set up a draft pay run:
- Under New Pay Run, select a pay period.
- Click Process Pay Run.
- Click the employee's name to open their paystub.
- Click Reset Paystub to bring through the new salary and wage details.
Under Earnings, you'll see lines for the employee's old and new details. You can edit the fields within these lines. In the example below, we're paying an employee for 10 hours of work. We've applied the employee's old rate of $12/hr to the first four hours, but their new rate of $15/hr to the next six hours.
- Click Save.
When you create pay runs from now on, the employee's old salary and wage details won't appear on their paystubs.