Change the direct deposit primary contact for payroll
Change the name or email address of an existing primary contact, or choose a different primary contact to receive direct deposit emails in Xero payroll.
How it works
- The primary contact must be a Payroll Admin in Xero. They're the person who receives all direct deposit confirmation emails advising of approved deposits, and all notification emails. For example, notice of failed deposits for inadequate funds, or wrong bank information.
- The emails can only be sent to the one contact.
Change the primary contact or their details
- Make sure:
- The email address should be the same as the one you use to log into Xero.
- The contact has Payroll Admin access
- If they're a new contact, they've accepted an invite into your Xero organization
- Ask Xero Support to change the primary contact name and email details. You'll need to send us the contact's full name, email address, and phone number.
Our team will update the details and let you know when your request is complete. This should take about one business day.