Expense claims you have submitted
View a list of your submitted expense claims, and their status in the approval process.
View a list of your submitted expense claims
- Go to Accounts, then Expense Claims.
Click on the Previous Claims tab.
What can you see in the list of previous claims?
Under the list of expense claims, in the Previous Claims tab, you can see all expense claims you have already submitted. Change the sort order by clicking on any column heading.
- Date Submitted - the default order for expense claims in this list.
- Reporting Date - the month the expense will be incurred in your reports.
- Payment Date - the date entered into Xero for when you can expect payment for the claim.
- Claim Total - the total of all receipts you submitted in that expense claim.
- Approved Total - the total that has been authorized to pay back to you.
Status of an expense claim
The status shows where your claim is in the approval process.
- Pending - the expense claims that you have submitted, not yet been processed or authorized by the approver.
- Approved - the expense claims that have been authorized for payment to you (all receipts in the claim approved), but the payment has not yet been made.
- Partially Approved - the expense claims that are authorized for payment to you (only some receipts in the claim approved), but the payment has not yet been paid.
- Paid - the authorized expense claims that are fully paid in Xero (either by marking the claim as ‘Paid’ during the authorization process, or by reconciling a payment made through your bank account). If a claim has been partially paid its status will remain as ‘Approved’ until it has been fully paid. Marking a claim as ‘Paid’ does not put money into your personal bank account – an actual online transaction must take place.
- Declined - the expense claims that have been authorized but all the receipts you submitted were denied for reimbursement and no payment will be made to you.
- Voided - the expense claims that are voided.
Get more detail about an expense claim in the list
Click on an expense claim to view it in detail. The status of the expense claim determines if it can be edited.