Record payment of a sales invoice or bill
Record a full or part payment on an Awaiting Payment sales invoice or bill. If you record a payment for a repeating invoice or bill, the payment only applies to the individual transaction, not any other in the series.
- In the Accounts menu, select either Sales for invoices, or Purchases for bills.
- Select the Awaiting Payment tab.
- Open the invoice or bill you want to record a payment on.
Scroll down to Receive a payment for invoices, or Make a payment for bills.
- Complete the payment fields.
- (Optional) Enter a note for this transaction.
- Click Add Payment.
The invoice or bill will move to the Paid tab.
If you've recorded a part payment, the invoice or bill will remain on the Awaiting Payment tab until it's fully paid. If you've recorded an overpayment, a transaction for the extra amount will go to the Awaiting Payment tab.