Edit a paid invoice
Edit a customer invoice (sometimes called accounts receivable) that's been fully paid. If it's a repeating invoice, only the current transaction changes. You can delete or void the invoice template to stop all future repeats.
What you can do
- Edit the account if the new account's tax rate is the same. Otherwise, you'll have to void the invoice, reissue a new one and send it to the customer.
- Edit fields that don't affect the invoice total, such as the due date. You'll have to make sales tax adjustments using a different method.
Edit your paid invoice
- Find and open your paid or partly paid invoice. Use search if you know the contact's name, or invoice amount.
- Remove any payments, credit notes, prepayments and overpayments:
- Remove a payment
- Delete credit allocation
- Delete a prepayment
- If you don't remove the payments, you can only edit fields that don't change the total amount.
(Optional) Click Preview to check your invoice.