Edit a paid bill
Edit a bill (sometimes called accounts payable) that's been fully paid. If it's a repeating bill, only the current instance changes. You can delete or void the bill template to remove them all.
What you can do
- Remove payments and credits.
- Edit fields that don't affect the bill total, such as the due date. You'll have to make sales tax adjustments using a different method.
- Assign expenses to a customer.
Edit your paid bill
- Find and open your paid or partly paid bill. Use search if you know the contact's name, or bill amount.
- Remove any payments, credit notes, prepayments and overpayments:
- Remove a payment
- Delete credit allocation
- Delete a prepayment
- If you don't remove the payments, you can only edit fields that don't change the total amount.
- Click Assign expenses to a customer.
- Enter or select the customer's name, or select Decide customer later.
- Click OK.