Edit a paid bill
Edit a bill (sometimes called accounts payable) that's been fully paid.
What you can do
- Assign expenses to a customer.
- Remove payments and credits.
- Edit fields that don't affect the bill total, such as the due date. You will have to make sales tax adjustments by a different method.
- Edit a repeating bill - only the current instance changes. You can change the schedule to edit them all.
Edit your paid bill
- In the Accounts menu, select Purchases.
Under Bills, click Paid.
- Click the bill you want to edit.
- From Bill Options, click Edit.
- Make your changes to the bill.
- (Optional) Assign expenses to a customer:
- Click Assign expenses to a customer.
- Enter or select the customer's name, or select Decide customer later.
- Click OK.
(Optional) Remove a payment:
- Click Payment.
- From Options, click Remove & Redo.
- (Optional) Remove a credit note.
- Click Save.