Edit paid supplier credit notes
Open and view supplier credit notes that have been fully allocated to see the bills and amounts credited or cash refunded. From paid credit notes you can edit, void and print, and delete credit allocations to bills.
What is an Awaiting Payment credit note & what can you do with it?
View paid supplier credit notes
A credit note that is 'paid' is one that has been fully allocated to one or more bills in Xero and has 0.00 as the remaining credit balance.
A credit note displays with a CR icon , and a credit on a bill displays with a paper with a small yellow square .
Credit notes are accessed from a couple of places.
- In the Accounts menu, select Purchases, click Paid, then select the paid credit note.
- Select a credit note directly off a bill - only if the full amount of the credit note was applied to the bill will it be a paid credit note.
- Drill down into a credit note from reports that list individual transactions.
Edit a Contact on a aid supplier credit note
The Contact name (i.e. who the credit note is from) and the address details you have saved for them will display on the bill.
- Click on the Contact name to view or edit the full contact details and notes you have recorded for that person or organization.
- Click the 'Edit' link to add or change the address information only. This will update the address for this Contact, not just for this credit note.
- If you've entered a Xero network key received from another Xero organization, a symbol will display next to their name (but is not used for anything on a Paid credit note).
Delete credit allocation applied to a bill
Click the delete icon next to the dollar amount on a bill to remove the credit note. The credit note returns to the Awaiting Payment status. If the credited amount fully paid the bill, the bill also returns to Awaiting Payment.
Print a paid supplier credit note
Click Print PDF to open the bill as a PDF if you'd like to print it. You can print more than one Awaiting Payment bill at once from the Paid tab.
Credit Note Options
You can perform other actions on a paid credit note from Credit Note Options.
- Click Void to void a credit note. It's removed from the bill it's allocated to.
- Click Edit to edit the account or tracking options. No other details can be changed.
Click on any bills that have been allocated credit from this credit note under the 'Total Credit' line.
History & Notes
Enter a note or view the history for this bill (History & Notes).