Set up Stripe as a payment service in Xero
Accept online payments for your invoices using Stripe. To set this up, add Stripe as a payment service, then apply to a branding theme.
Add Stripe as a payment service
- Go to Settings, then click General Settings.
- Click Payment Services.
- Click Add Payment Service, then select Stripe.
- Enter a name to display in Xero.
- Select the credit card logos to display on your invoice. These depend on your merchant provider. VISA and MasterCard have been selected by default and can't be unchecked.
- Select the bank account to deposit the payment in.
If you want to automate your fees, under Fees Account, select Add account. Check the Stripe fees expense account details that Xero has entered and click Save.
If you don't want to automate fees, unselect the checkbox, then click Save.
Click Connect to Stripe.
- Log in to Stripe if you have an account, or sign up for a new account.
- Enter your account details. If you have an existing Stripe account you'd like to use, select an account from the Switch account list.
- Click Authorize access to this account.
Apply to a branding theme
- On the Payment Services screen, click Manage Themes.
- Select this payment service as credit card service. You can also select a PayPal service you've already set up.
- Click Save.